Table of Contents• 1. Accounts
• 2. Course Enrollment and Lifetime Access
• 3. Payments, Credits, and Refunds
• 4. Content and Behavior Rules
• 5. EShuri ’s Rights to Content You Post
• 6. Using EShuri at Your Own Risk
• 7. EShuri ’s Rights
• 8. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
• 9. Dispute Resolution
• 10. Updating These Terms
• 11. How to Contact Us
2. Course Enrollment and Lifetime AccessWhen you enroll in a course, you get a license from us to view it via the EShuri Services and no other use. Don’t try to transfer or resell courses in any way. We grant you a lifetime access license, except when we must disable the course because of legal or policy reasons.Under our Instructor Agreement, when instructors publish a course on EShuri , they grant EShuri a license to offer a license to the course to students. This means that we have the right to sublicense the course to the students who enroll in the course. As a student, when you enroll in a course, whether it’s a free or paid course, you are getting from EShuri a license to view the course via the EShuri platform and Services, and EShuri is the licensor of record. Courses are licensed, and not sold, to you. This license does not give you any right to resell the course in any manner (including by sharing account information with a purchaser or illegally downloading the course and sharing it on torrent sites).In legal, more complete terms, EShuri grants you (as a student) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and view the courses and associated content for which you have paid all required fees, solely for your personal, non- commercial, educational purposes through the Services, in accordance with these Terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with a particular courses or feature of our Services. All other uses are expressly prohibited. You may not reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, sublicense, or otherwise transfer or use any course unless we give you explicit permission to do so in a written agreement signed by a EShuri authorized representative. This also applies to content you can access via any of our APIs.We generally give a lifetime access license to our students when they enroll in a course. However, we reserve the right to revoke any license to access and use courses at any point in time in the event where we decide or are obligated to disable access to a course due to legal or policy reasons, for example, if the course you enrolled in is the object of a copyright complaint, or if we determine its content violates our Trust & Safety Guidelines. The lifetime access is not applicable to add-on features and services associated with a course, for example translation captions of courses may be disabled by instructors at any time, and an instructor may decide at any time to no longer provide teaching assistance or Q&A services in association with a course. To be clear, the lifetime access is to the course content but not to the instructor.Instructors may not grant licenses to their courses to student directly and any such direct license shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms.3. Payments, Credits, and RefundsWhen you make a payment, you agree to use a valid payment method. If you aren’t happy with your course, EShuri offers a 30-days refund or credit for most course purchases.
3.1 PricingThe prices of courses on EShuri are determined based on the terms of the Instructor Agreement and our Pricing and Promotions Policy. In some instances, the price of a course offered on the EShuri website may not be exactly the same as the price offered on our mobile , youtube channel or TV applications, due to mobile platform providers’ pricing systems and their policies around implementing sales and promotions.We regularly run promotions and sales for our courses and certain courses are only available at discounted prices for a set period of time. The price applicable to a course will be the price at the time you complete your purchase of the course (at checkout). Any price offered for a particular course may also be different when you are logged into your account from the price available to users who aren’t registered or logged in, because some of our promotions are available to new users only.If you are logged into your account, the listed currency you see is based on your location when you created your account. If you are not logged into your account, the price currency is based on the country where you are located. We do not enable users to see pricing in other currencies.If you are a student located in a country where use and sales tax, goods and services tax, or value added tax is applicable to consumer sales, we are responsible for collecting and remitting that tax to the proper tax authorities. In certain countries, the price you see may include such taxes.
3.3 Refunds and CreditsIf the course you purchased is not what you were expecting, you can request, within 30 days of your purchase of the course, that EShuri credit/refund your account. We reserve the right to apply a credit or a refund, at our discretion, depending on capabilities of our payment processing partners or the platform from which you purchased your course (website, mobile or TV app). No credit or refund is due to you if you request it after the 30-day guarantee time limit has passed.To request a credit/refund, follow the steps here. As detailed in the Instructor Agreement, instructors agree that students have the right to receive these credits or refunds.At our discretion, if we believe you are abusing our credit/refund policy, we reserve the right to ban your account and to restrict all future use of the Services. If we ban your account or disable your access to a course due to your violation of these Terms or our Trust & Safety Guidelines, you will not be eligible to receive any credit or refund.
4. Content and Behavior RulesYou can only use EShuri for lawful purposes. You’re responsible for all the content that you post on our platform. You should keep the reviews, questions, posts, courses and other content you upload in line with our Trust & Safety Guidelines and the law, and respect the intellectual property rights of others. We can ban your account for repeated or major offenses. If you think someone is infringing your copyright on our platform, let us know.You may not access or use the Services or create an account for unlawful purposes. Your use of the Services and behavior on our platform must comply with applicable local or national laws or regulations of your country. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and compliance with such laws and regulations that are applicable to you. You may not access our Services if you are from a territory where U.S. businesses are prohibited from engaging in business (such as Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria) or if you have been designated a Specially Designated National, Denied Person, or Denied Entity by the U.S. government.If you are a student, the Services enable you to ask questions to the instructors of courses you are enrolled in, and to post reviews of courses. For certain courses, the instructor invites you to submit content as “homework” or tests. Don’t post or submit anything that is not yours.If you are an instructor, you can submit courses for publication on the platform and you can also communicate with the students who have enrolled in your courses. In both cases, you must abide by the law and respect the rights of others: you cannot post any course, question, answer, review or other content that violates applicable local or national laws or regulations of your country. You are solely responsible for any courses, content, and actions you post or take via the platform and Services and their consequences. Make sure you understand all the copyright restrictions set forth in the Instructor Agreement before you submit any course for publication on EShuri .If we are put on notice that your course or content violates the law or the rights of others (for example, if it is established that it violates intellectual property or image rights of others, or is about an illegal activity), if we discover that your content or behavior violates our Trust & Safety Guidelines, or if we believe your content or behavior is unlawful, inappropriate, or objectionable (for example if you impersonate someone else), we may remove your content from our platform. EShuri complies with copyright laws. Check out our Intellectual Property Policy for more details.EShuri has discretion in enforcing these Terms and our Trust & Safety Guidelines. We may terminate or suspend your permission to use our platform and Services or ban your account at any time, with or without notice, for any violation of these Terms, if you fail to pay any fees when due, upon the request of law enforcement or government agencies, for extended periods of inactivity, for unexpected technical issues or problems, or if we suspect that you engage in fraudulent or illegal activities. Upon any such termination we may delete your account and content, and we may prevent you from further access to the platforms and use of our Services. Your content may still be available on the platforms even if your account is terminated or suspended. You agree that we will have no liability to you or any third party for termination of your account, removal of your content, or blocking of your access to our platforms and services.If one of our instructors has published a course that infringes your copyright or trademark rights, please let us know. Under our Instructor Agreement, we require our instructors to follow the law and respect the intellectual property rights of others. For more details on how to file a copyright or trademark infringement claim with us, see our Intellectual Property Policy.
5. EShuri ’s Rights to Content You PostYou retain ownership of content you post to our platform, including your courses. We’re allowed to share your content to anyone through any media, including promoting it via advertising on other websites.The content you post as a student or instructor (including courses) remains yours. By posting courses and other content, you allow EShuri to reuse and share it but you do not lose any ownership rights you may have over your content. If you are an instructor, be sure to understand the course licensing terms that are detailed in the Instructor Agreement.When you post comments, questions, reviews, and when you submit to us ideas and suggestions for new features or improvements, you authorize EShuri to use and share this content with anyone, distribute it and promote it on any platform and in any media, and to make modifications or edits to it as we see fit. In legal language, by submitting or posting content on or through the platforms, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute your content in any and all media or distribution methods (existing now or later developed). This includes making your content available to other companies, organizations, or individuals who partner with EShuri for the syndication, broadcast, distribution, or publication of content on other media. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power, and authority necessary to authorize us to use any content that you submit. You also agree to all such uses of your content with no compensation paid to you.
6. Using EShuri at Your Own RiskAnyone can use EShuri to create and publish courses and instructors and we enable instructors and students to interact for teaching and learning. Like other platforms where people can post content and interact, some things can go wrong, and you use EShuri at your own risk.EShuri enables anyone anywhere to create and share educational courses. We host more than 100,000 courses on our online learning marketplace. Our platform model means we do not review or edit the courses for legal issues, and we are not in a position to determine the legality of course content. We do not exercise any editorial control over the courses that are available on the platform and, as such, do not guarantee in any manner the reliability, validity, accuracy or truthfulness of the courses. If you enroll a course, you rely on any information provided by an instructor at your own risk.By using the Services, you may be exposed to content that you consider offensive, indecent, or objectionable. EShuri has no responsibility to keep such content from you and no liability for your access or enrollment in any course, to the extent permissible under applicable law. This also applies to any courses relating to health, wellness and physical exercise. You acknowledge the inherent risks and dangers in the strenuous nature of these types of courses, and by enrolling in such courses, you choose to assume those risks voluntarily, including risk of illness, bodily injury, disability, or death. You assume full responsibility for the choices you make before, during and after your enrollment in a course.When you interact directly with a student or an instructor, you must be careful about the types of personal information that you share. We do not control what students and instructors do with the information they obtain from other users on the platform. You should not share your email or other personal information about you for your safety.We do not hire or employ instructors nor are we responsible or liable for any interactions involved between instructors and students. We are not liable for disputes, claims, losses, injuries, or damage of any kind that might arise out of or relate to the conduct of instructors or students.When you use our Services, you will find links to other websites that we don’t own or control. We are not responsible for the content or any other aspect of these third-party sites, including their collection of information about you. You should also read their terms and conditions and privacy policies.
7. EShuri ’s RightsWe own the EShuri platform and Services, including the website, present or future apps and services, and things like our logos, API, code, and content created by our employees. You can’t tamper with those or use them without authorization.All right, title, and interest in and to the EShuri platform and Services, including our website, our existing or future applications, our APIs, databases, and the content our employees or partners submit or provide through our Services (but excluding content provided by instructors and students) are and will remain the exclusive property of EShuri and its licensors. Our platforms and services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Nothing gives you a right to use the EShuri name or any of the EShuri trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding EShuri or the Services is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments, or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the EShuri platform and Services:• access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the platform, EShuri ’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of EShuri ’s service providers.
• disable, interfere with, or try to circumvent any of the features of the platforms related to security or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of our systems.
• copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code of or content on the EShuri platform or Services.
• access or search or attempt to access or search our platform by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available search functionalities that are provided via our website, mobile apps, or API (and only pursuant to those API terms and conditions). You may not scrape, spider, use a robot, or use other automated means of any kind to access the Services.
• in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information (such as sending email communications falsely appearing as EShuri ); or interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the platforms or services, or in any other manner interfering with or creating an undue burden on the Services.